Craigie Engineering Sales & Services
Craigie Engineering Sales & Services Ltd (C.E.S.S) are experienced providers of brokering and appraisal services to the power plant industry. Our vision is to form a global, collaborative network of power plant owners, sellers, brokers and buyers to facilitate fair, efficient, and honest sales and appraisal of surplus power plant assets.
The recycling (sale and relocation) of surplus power plant equipment reduces the time and cost of power project development for a buyer and allows liquidation of a stranded asset for a seller. Recycling power assets also reduces situations where energy and materials are wasted in manufacturing new equipment while perfectly suitable (often unused) equipment is sitting idle on site or stored in a warehouse.
CESS utilises current equipment asking prices and historical final sale prices to provide realistic fair market appraisal of power plant assets – supporting clients in asset finance, sale, purchase, and insurance with a true resale value rather than a depreciated accounting figure which does not consider factors such as current market context, asset condition, or relocation cost.
Since 1996 CESS have reached a total appraisal experience of over 189,000 MW, for a total value of over $8.2Bn, including: gas turbines, steam turbines, gas/diesel engines and 41 Power Barges.
Since 1995 CESS have been instrumental in the sale of 86 gas turbines (over 3,010 MW), 37 steam turbines (1,362 MW), 110 diesel/gas engines (280 MW), and 45 transformers (616 MVA).
In 2004 CESS was awarded with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade section.
- Database of over 6,500 units of equipment worldwide provides wide reach to find required equipment.
- Direct access to any immediately available equipment that CESS is currently selling.
- Professional sourcing of equipment that is appropriate for its intended purpose relative to requirements of capacity, fuel, emissions etc.
- Valuation report of equipment to determine suitability and actual value.
- Brokering appropriate final sale agreement catering to the real value of capital assets.
- Decommissioning and shipping of any purchased equipment.
- Proven sales record of 81 Gas Turbines, 37 Steam Turbines, 110 Diesel/Gas Engines and 45 Transformers.
- Monthly CESS Sales Brochures reach over 40,000 potential clients in 139 countries.
- Access to any ‘urgent buyers’ that CESS are currently under contract to source equipment for awaiting projects.
- CESS receives over 100 buyer enquiries per month from clients looking for specific power plant equipment.
- Our CESS Valuation Report of equipment determines technical value, market value and appropriate course of action to make use of real value.
“I have been very pleased with your support throughout the years and especially with the success associated with our Westinghouse 501 projects.”
- Eric Four, Director – Siemens Power Generation Malaysia
“We wish to confirm that CESS was instrumental in arranging the sale and disposal of two surplus Solar "Centaur" Turbines from our premises in Indonesia and gave us every satisfaction in their professional approach to valuation and marketing.”
- Frans Louis Lewerissa, GE Capital – Indonesia